Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wordless Wednesday (tiny tree edition)

small tree ... big memory



In 2006, when Wayne Kevin was in 2nd grade, my job as a classroom holiday party volunteer was to have a "station" where the kids could make something. My "something" was these little trees made out of pipe cleaners, pony beads, and stick-on stars. It is a great memory because the kids loved doing it, and I loved creating the trees with them. I pull mine out every year at Christmas to enjoy in my office. It's more significant to me than a perfectly decorated 8 foot tree would be ...

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Susan Fields said...

I wish I'd seen this a couple of weeks ago. I was in charge of the Christmas craft for the bible study and my daughter's elementary school this year, and I had the hardest time coming up with something. This would have been perfect!

Merry Christmas, Paula!

Candace said...

Very cute!

Merry Christmas,
Candace

jillconyers said...

I love traditions like this.

Happy holidays.

Velva said...

This is very cool!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

WeeMasonMan's Mom said...

That is a really neat idea!! The decorations with special memories are much better than the fancy expensive ones any day of the year!!

Marcel said...

I have a $12 tree i got from CVS, hah. Also, just used my biggreenpen notepad for the first time...